Saturday, January 24, 2015

I heart New York

A week ago today I was in NY with my daughter and we were touring the 9/11 memorial.  It was a sobering sight.  But one I had wanted to see.  We spent 3 wonderful full days in the City.  Saw a lot but not everything, so we get to go back soon.  Already plotting a trip...  It was my 4th trip to the beautiful island of Manhattan. And it was a thrill to introduce her to my daughter for her 16th Bday.  If you've never been to New York, I encourage you to visit.  It's truly a 'character' in it's own right.  You can almost feel the pulse of a city that is truly alive.  Also - forget that you've heard that New Yorkers are rude.  They are not.  They love their tourist.  Most everyone I've encountered has always gone out of their way to be helpful and welcoming.  Which - in turn, makes me want to come back, again and again.  They are smart.  They are chic.  They are savy.  What's not to love.  And if you love movies and theatre as much as I do, then New York is a paradise.  Everywhere you turn, it seems you're walking by a building or landmark that's been on film or on stage.  It's like living in an alternate reality... which is quite up my alley.  Lots of great memories to be made here. And I look forward to making many more.   I <3 New York. 


3 comments: