Monday, May 11, 2015

"Expectation is the root of all heartache." William Shakespeare

Things don't always go as planned. I am the first to admit I am a 'baby' about things like this.  I don't do disappointment well.  I wish I did. One would think I'd be a pro at it by now.  Admittedly, I do bring things upon myself.  I make bad choices and I loathe to bear the consequences.  Yesterday was my 2nd mother's day without my mom.  I spent the day the way I wanted to - at the lake.   And I had fun for the most part.  But I expected somethings to be different.  And I was disappointed.  I have no desire to make anyone feel bad.  It is what it is.  The day came and went and no one said I was special or told me I was a good mom.  And admit, like the baby I am... that I actually I needed to hear that.  I am resigned to the fact that I was disappointing daughter to my parents.  I face that reality every day in the harsh black and white terms of their will and trust.   I looked on FB last night and read all of my friends' posts of how they were celebrated.  FB is sometimes a very hard place to go.  Sometimes it boasts of things that are only seen on the surface.  It rarely goes deep.  Maybe that's what blogs are supposed to do.  I don't know.  All I know is today, like many days...I am sad.  I am wishing for some other reality than the one I am living in.  And I don't know how to make that go away.  There is some quote that says, "Disappointments are God's way of giving you something better. "  Today.  I don't believe that.  Not sure if I ever believed it.  I'm happy Mother's Day is over and I don't have to think about for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment